It's that time for next year's calendars to be rolled out in full force, and today we present one of particular note: The Swimmer Calendar. Beth Tweddle from Day & Knight Productions is behind the calendar, and she sent this along to Outsports:
With my partners, swimmer Eric Knight and Manhattan fashion photographer Andrew Day, our goal is to incrementally change the view of swimming by non-swim fans as a sport that is relevant more than every Olympic year. For swim fans that already get it, they will enjoy learning stories they weren't aware of. Hopefully everyone will be inspired by Andrew's portraits that convey the strength and beauty that defines swim athletes.
Some of the swimmers highlighted in the calendar include Olympic gold medalist Davis Tarwater, swimmer and MMA fighter Joe Pascale, NCAA All-Americans Matt & Sean Patton, Olympic bronze medalist Kim Vandenberg and Olympic gold medalist Peter Vanderkaay. Plus there's some woman named Kate Ziegler who spells her last name wrong. Ha.
If you're interested in purchasing the calendar, they're only $10 apiece -- pretty great deal! You can find them at swimmercalendar.com.
- Blake Skjellerup doesn't qualify for Olympic Games, is first alternate for 500m
- Gay sports news: 5% of U.S. men are gay, study says; Tom Daley says it was love at first sight
- Podcast: Tom Daley comes out, dates Dustin Lance Black?
- Host a virtual Pride House in your city for the Russian Olympics
- Video: Swedish wrestlers wrestle naked covered in frosting to urge HIV testing
- Croatia water polo hopes to attract new fans with calendar