Via Pete at WideRights comes this little Tweet exchange between the two guys who play the gay couple on Modern Family. Jesse Ferguson (right) is the real-life gay guy; Eric Stonestreet is actually straight. They went to a recent Knicks game, and they decided to post their thoughts on Twitter. Of course, Jesse had to play the "I'm so gay, I don't know what that orange round thing on the court is" role. Ugh.
* Jesse: I’m excited to go to my first NBA “sports game” tonight with my fake boyfriend @ericstonestreet. “Go Knicks! Throw the orange ball around!”
* Eric: Can’t wait 2 explain the difference between a zone defense and a man to man defense 2 my tv boyfriend @jessetyler at the knicks game 2nite.
* Eric: @jessetyler and I are at the game. First question: “what’s something I can yell sporty sounding?”
* Jesse: Nothing is worse than a bad promo shot. Oh wait, a bad promo shot of you on the Jumbo Tron at a Knicks Game is pretty bad. Bad and cool.
* Jesse: I like both numbers “8″s.
* Eric: Hey ksu peeps! Look who it is!! http://tweetphoto.com/18108021
* Jesse: Is this the Adams Family Theme song?
* Jesse: I having a grand time with my budlight and my bouncy ball hoop tournament! http://twitpic.com/1eyuiq
* Eric: And look who else!! http://tweetphoto.com/18112556
* Jesse: Going into intermission at The NY Knicks show. Well played!
* Jesse: On the court after Act I!
* Jesse: Act II is alot like Act I here at the Knicks Game.
* Eric: So in to the game. http://tweetphoto.com/18114809
I guess Jesse's antics were supposed to be funny. And they might have been in 1980 when the joke wasn't 100 years old. I'm not laughing, I'm rolling my eyes. Oy.