Katy Perry was in rare form at her pre-game press conference at the Super Bowl media center Thursday afternoon. Wearing a dress made partially of pink footballs, she made not-so-subtle references to Marshawn Lynch's infamous press conferences and dropped a bunch of hints about her halftime show and the game:
- She confirmed rumors that there will be a special guest, and that special guest is female. Interestingly, NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy tried asserting that the guest might be a "he" or a "they" - could it possibly be RuPaul?
- She also said she was inviting someone from a past Super Bowl halftime show, and that she was going to use a heck of a lot of flash and images. Could it be that she could have the images and music of the likes of deceased Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston rock the house with her?
- Despite Rob Gronkowski's rendition of "Roar" at NFL Media Day, Perry will be cheering for the Seattle Seahawks because of her friendship with Russell Wilson. Though Gronkowski will be in the running to open for her on future tours.
- Animals will be part of the show, including "a tiger and some sharks." With that you have to believe she'll make "Roar" part of her set, though how she'll get sharks on stage without using people in costumes is beyond me.
- Because of her friendship with Russell Wilson, she'll be cheering for the Seahawks.
Oh, and Lenny Kravitz will be on stage too.