Over the last 12 years, with editors Brendan Lemon and Aaron Hicklin, Out magazine has made a concerted effort to include sports figures in the magazine, creating several "sports issues" and acknowledging the contributions of athletes and others in sports to the advancement of LGBT visibility and equality.
Now the magazine has released its 2015 Out 100 that includes a number of people in the sports world. The annual list highlights some of the people who have helped blaze a trail in 2015 for LGBT people.
The list this year includes:
- High school basketball player Dalton Maldonado
- U.S. women's soccer star Abby Wambach
- Major League soccer player Robbie Rogers
- Swimmer Diana Nyad
- Princeton football player Mason Darrow
- Former Olympic gold medalist Caitlyn Jenner
Congratulations to all of the honorees. Outsports is proud to have introduced a couple of these people to so many in the world. The Out100 celebration party will be this Wednesday in New York City.