Chris Matthews, the Seattle Seahawks wide receiver, is grabbing all the headlines - and the passes - in Super Bowl XLIX. But few people know who Matthews is - and no, we're not talking about the talking head on MSNBC.
Some facts about Matthews:
- Matthews is 6-foot-5, 218 pounds and 25 years old. He was born in Long Beach, Calif.
- He played college football for the University of Kentucky Wildcats.
- He was in the 2011 NFL Draft but was not selected.
- He was signed to the Cleveland Browns practice squad but never made it into a regular-season game with the team.
- He went to the Canadian Football League for the 2012-13 seasons. There he played receiver for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
- He was darn good there, winning the 2012 CFL Most Outstanding Rookie of the Year Award.
- He played in only three regular season games this season for the Seattle Seahawks. He had a combined zero catches for zero yards.
- He was active for the Seahawks in their two home playoff games against the Carolina Panthers and the Green Bay Packers.