Hello, my name is Mackenzie MacLeod, I am a doctoral student at Northcentral University conducting my dissertation study. My study is about the barriers and facilitators to sport participation that transgender and non-binary individuals face. To qualify as a potential participant, you must be able to answer "yes" to all these criteria below.
1. You are age 18 or older
2. You identify as Transgender or Non-binary
3. You are currently in High School in the United States or have graduated within the last five years.
4. You played an interscholastic sport or participated in a club sport for your High School
If you decide to participate in this study, you will be asked to do the following activities:
1. Participate in a 1:1 online interview over Zoom for 60-75 minutes
2. Review a summary of your interview responses via email for 10-15 minutes
· Your age, gender identity, state in which you attended high school, and year of high school graduation
· Your experience with sport enrollment and participation.
· Your experience in the locker room.
· Your experience with safety and dangers while participating in sport.
· Your relationships with coaches, teammates, athletic director, athletic trainer, and other sport personnel.
· School policies related to your participation in sports.
· Your opinion about how to make sports safer for athletes who are Transgender or Non-binary.
If you have any questions about my study or would like to volunteer, please contact me at M.MacLeod1699@o365.ncu.edu.