Outsports will host a Storytelling Hour during New York City Pride, featuring voices of people who have been, and continue to be, instrumental to building inclusion in sports for the LGBTQ community.
The event will be ted-talk-style, highlighting speakers with distinct 6-8-minute talks on an aspect of their experiences in sports.
The Storytelling Hour is free, and attendees are asked to REGISTER FOR THE FREE EVENT HERE.
The event will take place on Friday, June 24; Doors open at 6pm, and the event will start at 6:30pm. It will take place at the SVA Theatre (333 W 23rd St & 8th Ave) in Chelsea. Each attendee will need to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
The speakers for Outsports Pride Storytelling Hour currently confirmed include (more are being added):
- Anya & Madison Packer — Married hockey executive and PHF player
- Will Sheridan — Artist and Hall of Fame former Villanova basketball player
- Anthony Nicodemo — High School basketball coach who recently won a title
- Erica Smith — Trans athlete at all-women’s Sweet Briar College
- Patrick Burke — Co-founder of the You Can Play project and NHL executive
- Scottie Winer & DJ Slifer — Recently married sports professionals
- Joe Altenau — Prudential Center executive
- Karleigh Webb — Trans athlete and Outsports contributor
The event will be approximately one hour and will be followed by a reception at Rebar Chelsea (225 W 19th St & 8th Ave). Each attendee at the Storytelling Hour will receive one complimentary drink at the reception.
Be sure to register today for the event, and we hope to see you there!