It seems Michael Sam subtly was coming out all season long -- we just didn't know it.
The Missouri linebacker who came out publicly as gay this week wore rainbow bracelets with the word "pride" on them throughout the season. And nobody outside of the team noticed.
More from Outsports
- Michael Sam wore rainbow pride bracelet during games with Missouri last season
- CFL fines players Arland Bruce and Bryant Turner for anti-gay tweets aimed at Michael Sam
- Read Dave Kopay's open letter to Michael Sam
- English women's soccer national team captain Casey Stoney comes out as gay
- It's put up or shut up time for the NFL on gay players
- NFL prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay
- 'The eagle has landed': The exclusive behind-the-scenes story of how NFL prospect Michael Sam came out